Take the next step: Complete this PDF form to help us better understand your care needs. You can email the form back to us firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us PO Box 2294 Marmion WA 6020.
Welcome to our aged care newsletters. Select an edition below to view an PDF copy of our newsletter. If you have any feedback, don’t forget to contact us.
- Care Partnerships Update 2022
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – Autumn 2020
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – Summer 2020
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – Winter 2019
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – Summer 2019
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – Winter 2018 (Part 2)
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – Winter 2018 (Part 1)
- Care Partnerships Newsletter – February 2018
Aged Care Resources:
Below are links to some useful aged care resources recommended by our dementia consultant:
- Communicating With A Person With Frontotemporal Dementia
- What really matters at the end of life – Video at TED
- Caring for a person with dementia -information for families
- Communication in every situation – Carer Guide
Ask Annie is a self-paced microlearning app (available on your phone or mobile tablet) that provides practical tips and strategies to better support people living with dementia.
Ask Annie App- Product Information.
Annie is a care worker and she guides learners through scenarios based on real-life experiences to strengthen their skills in delivering dementia support.
The modules and lessons are short and focused on providing carers with practical ways to address challenging situations.
Learners are given flexibility to decide what and when to learn based on their time and needs, as well as the knowledge gaps identified through interactive
quizzes. Search function helps to navigate through the application and find topics that learners want to explore. Ask Annie has been designed with the user in mind making learning a very engaging and intuitive experience.
Written in plain language and supported by the video content, this platform is suitable for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The first 3 modules on the App are free and include
- The key ingredients for dementia care
- Understanding dementia and person centred Care
- Fundamentals of good communication.
You can also find more details at this website Centre for Dementia Learning.